Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and any student found guilty of this, is liable to be suspended / expelled from the institute and fined as decided by university authority.
Ragging iscognizable criminal offence and student found involved in such activities is liable for serious punishment including non-bailable, non-compoundable offence with punishment.
Broadly ragging can be categorised in the following ways:
- Verbal Ragging: Where senior causes mental harassment, discomfort for the junior by forcing him / her to answer unacceptable / personal questions, dance, singing etc. is said to rag the junior. It also includes within its ambit cyber ragging and the like.
- Serve Verbal Ragging: Where the mental harassment, discomfort it to such an act as forces the junior to withdraw from the college or do physical harm to himself/herself.
- Physical Ragging: Any act by the senior towards the junior which inflicts or causes to inflict bodily injury on the junior, like beating the junior, hitting him / her with objects etc.
- Sexual Ragging: Where the senior asks the junior to do an act which damages sexual dignity of the junior any act incidental to it.
Anti-Ragging committee is functional in the university and keep vigil round the year.
The web cameras are mounted at various locations all over the campus to keep vigil.
Security guards are also posted to keep a vigil on student movements /activities.
The following could be the possible punishment for those who are found guilty of participating in or abetment of ragging. The quantum of punishment shall, naturally, depend upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Disciplinary Committee of college or the court of law.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 3 years.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine upto Rs. 25,000/-.
- Rigorous imprisonment upto seven year with fine.
Details of Anti Ragging Committee Members
|1.||Dr. Chander Mohan||Prof. & Head||ENT||Chairman||09418200047|
|2.||Dr. H.S. Joshi||Prof. & Head||SPM||Member||9415833751|
|3.||Dr. P.C. Srivastava||Professor||Forensic Medicine||Member||9760021772|
|4.||Dr. Rakesh Gupta||Professor||Anatomy||Member||9412160587|
|5.||Dr. H.K. Singh||Professor & Head||Pharmacology||Member||9997471035|
|6.||Dr. Shalini Chandra||Professor||Pharmacology||Member||9997733097|
|7.||Ng. Chandrarekha||Principal||Nursing College||Member||9456213864|
|8.||Mr. Tasleem Khan||Sr. Admin. Officer||College||Member||9412190636|
|9.||Dr. Faiz Shamsi||Admin. Officer||Hospital||Member||8171790347|
|10.||Smt. Sarita Arora||Student Welfare Officer||–||Member||9412606016|
|Toll Free Number to Ragging Cases:||1800-180-5522|
|No. of ragging cases:||Nil.|